Monday, December 16, 2013

Jacob- 18 months

December 16, Jacob turned 18 months old- 1 1/2 years old!  Can you believe it?  It's so hard to grasp that we have an 18 month old.  A walking, running, talking (in his own words) toddler.  Since he turned 1 I haven't done monthly updates but 18 month seemed like a good time to add a post.  

Jacob has changed so much since he turned 1 year old.  He went from wobbling around the house to running.  This kid loves to climb anything and everything he possibly can.  He climbs ladders, chairs, onto the couch, anything we will let him climb, he climbs.   Marvetta says that Micah deserves this since apparently Jacob is just like Daddy.  

Jacob loves playing with cars.   Early on he knew to say "vroom" while pushing a car.  Now he loves race tracks, pushing cars along the coffee table or floor, and basically anything to do with cars.  He also enjoys slam-dunking his basketball, playing with his kitchen, opening and closing doors, and sometimes playing with more detailed toys.  

This kid LOVES to be outside.  Every time the door opens, he wants to go outside.  He loves to explore, play on his slide, and just in general he loves to run.  It's so fun to see how happy he is being outside.  He also loves to dance and sing.  He sings his own songs while he plays and dances when he is happy.  Jacob likes to dance in his high chair when he is particularly happy about his food. Sometimes he will "shake his shoulders" on command.  Too cute!

Speaking of food, Jacob has become a lot pickier than he used to be.  I think he finally realized that he could have an opinion.  He also goes through spurts of what he wants to eat which I think is normal for this age.  He will always eat mac and cheese, and bread.  I'm finding that he will eat almost anything I put in a tortilla.  Typically, he will eat chicken quesadillas, grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly, or anything that I put in a quesadilla.  Jacob will always eat fruit and sometimes his veggies.  I will say one day that he won't eat broccoli and that day he will eat a whole plate of broccoli.  

Jacob definitely has his own language.  He talks all the time and is trying to tell us stuff but we aren't really sure what it is.  However, he does say: hi, bye, Mommy, Dada, thank you, and go.  He uses sign language for "all done".   He will point to his nose and belly and we are working on eyes, ears and mouth.  I know he is a smart boy but he is also stubborn and only does something if he wants to. 

I have loved all the changes the last few months and can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings us!

His stats at 18 months are:
Height:            32.25"
Weight:           23 lbs 2.5 oz
Hair Color:      Blonde
Clothing:         18 month






No comments:

Post a Comment