Ever since Micah and I moved to the Middle East, the Christmas season has started earlier in the year than it used to. Now before you get on your high horse of "Thanksgiving has to be over first" let me explain. If I wait until after Thanksgiving to put up my Christmas stuff, it is literally up 1 week before Jacob and I head back to the USA. So essentially I either don't do it at all or it happens before Thanksgiving. Not at all is NOT an option. Also, there is only a short time that Micah and I have to celebrate or have our own traditions before we are back in the USA with family.
A tradition we have is to set up and decorate our tree together early in November. This year it was fun to have Jake watch and wonder what was happening. He didn't really understand why he would get in trouble for touching but Mom and Dad were touching the tree a lot! Jacob has done so great with the tree. He never really tries to touch it and we taught him to walk up to it and say "ooo".
We also decided to give Jake his Christmas present from us before we left so that it would be before all the other presents and holiday stuff. We put it together one night while he was asleep and then I covered it with my Christmas blanket. The next morning we let him "open" it but he wouldn't really do it so Micah had to help. He LOVES it and plays with it all the time. Right now he mostly loves opening and closing all the doors. I'm so happy to have a permanent toy in the kitchen for him to play with while I cook.
We can't wait to be in the USA with family and celebrate Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment