Friday, December 13, 2013

Bedlam

We arrived in Houston on Tuesday, December 3 and on Friday my Dad and I flew to Oklahoma for the OSU/OU bedlam game.  I was really excited to have my first "mommy vacation" since Jacob was born. A couple days before our trip a huge winter storm blew threw north Texas and Oklahoma putting a little doubt in our trip.  However, we were still able to go and the roads ended up not being too bad but there was lots of snow!  It was quite a shock to the system since I was just in the desert of a warm 80 degrees a few days earlier.

When our plane landed, Dad and I drove straight to OSU for a basketball game vs. South Carolina.  We arrived a little late and once we made it into the arena it was already 20-5 Cowboys.  It was a fun game to watch but not overly exciting.  I had lots of memories watching the students do all their cheers and traditions. Micah and I (and our friends) spent many hours at Gallagher Iba Arena in college and had lots of good times.
Since the bedlam game was on tv it was set for 11am.  Considering how darn cold it was I was happy it was during the day.  The game started out cold but at least sunny and I actually thought I might be able to take off a layer of clothes, WRONG.  Well, at least during the warm, winning, part of the game I was able to snap some good pictures.   First I have the fact that the stadium was still covered in snow and that we were literally standing in the snow.  That makes the feet very cold.   I was also able to catch the first OSU touchdown.  Of course this is kinda a bitter-sweet due to the outcome of the game.





A part of the way through the second quarter, clouds rolled over and it progressively got colder and colder so I didn't want to take my gloves off to take more pictures.  Even though the ending to the game was very bitter I'm happy I was able to be in Stillwater.  After the game we had dinner at Bad Brad's with Micah's parents and my friends Kendra and Adam.  We were all a little bummed so we didn't take pictures.

Sunday morning I decided I had finally warmed up from the game and I needed to go play in the snow at least a little bit.  I went out in the yard to take some pictures of the pasture and the snow, started burning the trash, and made some snow angels.  Sadly, the snow wasn't good for building snowmen which is what I really wanted to do.




Sunday afternoon, Dad and I headed back to OKC for our flight back to Houston.  I was so excited to get home to my boy! When we arrived we discovered that our flight was delayed, and then delayed some more, and then finally canceled.  So we were "blessed" with another night in OKC.  Overall it was a fun weekend and a great break for me but I was so excited to get home to my sweet boy. 






No comments:

Post a Comment