Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Time with the Sperling Family

It just so happened that Jacob and I's time in the USA would correspond with our nephew, Evan's, first birthday.  We were so excited to get to be in Oklahoma during this time to celebrate with family.  Jacob and I made it to Wagoner and then spent a day in Tulsa helping Jackie get ready for the party.  Part of getting things ready was to get both boys hair cut.  Grandma was excited to give Evan his first hair cut and Jacob his second. Kate was also really eager to help!



Evan's first birthday party was cookies & milk themed and Jackie's decorations were adorable. She is so creative.  A ton of Micah's family was able to make it to the party which gave us a chance to see everyone again.  Jacob really enjoyed playing with all the kids.  It was a great party. Evan was the cutest little birthday boy!





Once all the party shinanigans had died down and most other family had gone back home we headed to Wagoner.  Jacob  spent lots of time playing with all of Daddy and Uncle Andy's old toys and in the backyard swimming pool.  At one point Grandpa was even brave enough to get in the pool with the kids.









We spent a few evenings at the lake letting the kids play in the water while me and Grandpa rode jet-skis.  Gizmo has even learned to enjoy swimming!  I never thought I would see the day.  Grandpa and I took Jake on his first jet-ski ride.  He did great during the ride but HATED wearing the life-jacket.





I enjoyed getting to see Gizmo again!  It was so easy to leave him seeing how happy he is in his new home.  Thanks for being such great adoptive dog parents Shelly and Marvetta!

One of our last days in Oklahoma was Evan's actual first birthday so we decided to go out and celebrate together.  We spent the morning at the Tulsa aquarium, we considered the zoo but it was too darn hot!  At the aquarium we were able to feed turtles and stingrays and pet all sorts of fish.  The aquarium had beavers and an otter that were fun to watch.  Evan slept through the first part and Jacob slept through the last part.  The attention span of 1 year olds doesn't last long but Kate enjoyed all of it. When we were fished out, we headed to Los Cabos for a birthday lunch.  What a fun day celebrating Evan. 





 Jacob and I had a great week visiting Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Andy and Aunt Jackie and cousins Kate and Evan.  Sadly, it was time to say goodbye and for Jacob and I to head back to Houston. 

No comments:

Post a Comment