One of the things I really wanted to do was take Jacob to the Houston Children's Museum. I know he's still a little young but living in the Middle East feels like these type of opportunities are few and far between. I can still remember going to the museum as a kid so I wanted to have that time with Jacob. I found a Groupon which made the trip pretty cheap so I figured if we didn't last long it would be ok. I talked Mom into going with us so that I would have help and adult conversation. She ended up being our photographer. Jacob LOVED playing at the museum. Most areas were too old for him but he was able to enjoy some of it in his own way. He enjoyed putting all the eggs in one basket...literally.
The museum had a toddler area that was perfect for Jacob. He enjoyed going through the obstacles, driving the cars, playing with the blocks, and mostly playing with the kid sized door. We ended up staying all morning, taking a break for lunch, and then playing some more. By the time we left we had one tired happy boy!

My parents live a short walk away from a splash park so I was determined to take advantage of it. Splash parks are actually more fun for me and Jacob at this age than the pool since his head doesn't go underwater if he falls. Way less stressful and less work for me. He had a blast and had zero fear of the slides.
Not many other pictures were taken (who wants to see pictures of me shopping?) but we had a great last full week in Houston. On Thursday morning we drove to Stillwater to spend Labor Day weekend with the Gilbert family and then drove back to Houston on Monday. Jacob and I flew out of Houston on Wednesday so really this was the end to our Houston vacation.












No comments:
Post a Comment