Our travel to and arrival in Qatar had a slightly dramatic beginning. The day Jacob and I were set to fly out my Mom spent the night before and day of sick. I woke up that morning feeling a little iffy but wasn't sure if it was just paranoia and nerves or if I was really sick too. Obviously I wasn't as bad as Mom but I was really afraid it would hit while on a nice long airplane journey. After talking to Micah and the airlines I decided to brave the trip and just hope and pray that I didn't start feeling worse. So off we went.
The travel went really well and everything ran pretty smoothly. On the first flight there was an empty seat next to me so Jacob was able to play and have some time not sitting in my lap or laying in the basinet. He looks so big sitting in the airplane seat all alone.
We were so happy to finally arrive in Qatar and see Micah at last! Jacob was so happy to see his Daddy and reached right for him. It was really surreal driving home from the airport and realizing this was my new home. Once we made it home from the airport we gave Jacob and bath and everyone went to bed fearing what the jet-lag would bring.
The next morning after a somewhat rough night we headed out to Chili's to get some lunch and we thought to the grocery store to get some groceries. That morning I noticed that Jake wouldn't really eat breakfast but I just thought it was a side-effect of the jet-lag. Boy was I wrong. We hadn't been sitting at Chili's for 10 minutes when Jake became very sick. I'll save you the details but you get the idea. Welcome to Qatar.
So we went home and spent the day with a sick baby who was so uncomfortable and miserable. And the next day Jake seemed to be getting better but we still played it low key and just stayed home a rested. The next morning turned out to be Micah's turn to get sick.... Welcome to Qatar!
It was kind of a rough time for us to not be able to get out, to not be able to enjoy seeing each other again, and for Micah and Jake to feel so miserable. Eventually it ended and we were able to get life in Qatar started.


No comments:
Post a Comment