For a long time, Labor Day weekend has been a time spent with my Dad's family. The men have a fantasy football league so they get together one morning and do their draft, my Grandpa's birthday is always close to Labor day, and typically OSU has a home football game (not this year....) so it just makes a great time to be in Stillwater. When I was planning the timing of my trip to the USA I realised how close it would be to labor day so I extended what I originally planned to do just to be in Stillwater.
We had fun playing around on the farm and riding the gator! Mom and Dad even bought the kids a little gator to drive around. Jake of course is not really old enough for it yet but Coleton sure enjoyed it!
We spent some time at Grandma and Papas, eating and watching football. It was fun for Jake to see his great Papa and Great Grandma again. For the football game, we all pilled into Grandma and Grandpa's living room and sweated to death watching the game. Holly and her family all came to enjoy the game with us. Of course after the game we had to go to Eskimo Joes for a victory dinner.
On Sunday, we had the traditional birthday party for my Papa, and a 50th party for my Uncle Roger. Once again, it was fun to have the family together.
It was a great weekend full of family, food, and football! I'm so happy we were able to extend our stay and make it for the weekend.






No comments:
Post a Comment