We brought a lot more stuff than the average person moving here probably did. Not many people that I know of brought their couch, bed, all clothes and all their Christmas stuff. Check out all of our boxes!
A couple of our friends whose wives weren't in Saudi at the time were suckered into helping us out. Brooks and Brent helped us unpack a lot of boxes and then we fed them some pizza for their help. I had to keep my fingers crossed that there was nothing too incriminating in any of the boxes they unpacked.
It was so wonderful to have our couch and living room set up....all except for our new 58" tv. The movers in Houston crated the tv but failed to realize how breakable the stand was and it shattered. Micah was very sad to not get to hook up his tv.
We put all of our trash and empty boxes into the hallway right outside our apartment. At the end of the night we started loading up the elevator to take them down to the trash. We covered the entire entrance to our apartment building.
Gizmo was excited to have his own bed back as well!
By the end of the day I was exhausted and sore but it still felt so good to have all our things. It made the apartment officially feel like home. Once I get everything in place and pictures hung I will take some final product pictures.









I remember the day all my boxes came to Saudi from the US...sadly, we weren't allowed to bring our couch. We are stuck with the horribly uncomfortable Saudi couch (at least until I convince my husband to get a new one!). Hope you are enjoying your days in the desert...
ReplyDelete