Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Getting Everything Ready

Our sea shipment is coming TOMORROW (Inshallah)! I am so excited I can't even describe it in words.  It will be like Christmas getting to open all my stuff.  So far what I have missed the most is my kitchen supplies, our bed, and our couch.  I am SO grateful Micah agreed to bringing our couch because if he had not we would be buying new ones.  I can not stand sitting on these couches.  They are hard, uncomfortable, and ugly.  Plus only one of us really fits on the couch and the other is banished to the love seat.  


Today I have started getting things ready for the arrival of all of my things.  I packed up basically all of the kitchen items they supplied and put them under the bed in our guest room.  There were two twin beds in the guest room so I disassembled one and stacked it on top of the other so as to have more floor space.  Our second shower is now a storage closet with shelves and everything.  Here are the before and after pictures. 

Before we left Houston Micah and I searched and searched for a tv stand that we both liked and wouldn't break the bank.  Needless to say we never succeeded.  So now we have a 58" tv coming and only a tv stand to fit a 42".   Ever since arriving in Saudi I have continued searching and I finally found one that I love.  There is a neat little shop in old Khobar area called Anteaque that has such cool things.  Their items are made from old Saudi doors that are made of mostly Teaque wood with really ornate decoration.  Here is the tv stand that we bought and it didn't break the bank!

I still have way more to do before our stuff arrives tomorrow but I needed a short break and I also need Micah's muscles to help out.  


No comments:

Post a Comment