Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Gizmo the Beast

Gizmo has been having some...anxiety issues lately.  Since he was brought into our family we have either left him in his crate or in a small room with a baby gate when we were not home.  He was perfectly fine for 2.5 years.  Now all of a sudden he is flippin out.  First it started with breaking free from the baby gate.  While breaking free he tore up our door frame which is not good when you are trying to sell your house.  Then I decided to leave him in his crate.  The first day I came home to find his crate 2 feet back from where I left it and the towel it was sitting on was magically inside the cage.  The second day however....well take a look, particularly look at the lower bars.

Thats right, my 12lb. dog somehow bent metal bars.  My dad was not able to bend the bars back. No he did not escape and he did not get stuck in the bars and there was no blood but this was the last day I left him in his cage.  After this he had won the battle and I left him free. However, I knew this solution couldn't last so I inlisted the help of the dog whisperer (from his book) and started some of his stuff.  To start with I got him a new cage.  This is his cage that he will be flying in to Saudi.  So far he has been MUCH happier in his new cage.  Why? I have no idea.


1 comment:

  1. ummm, wow! Gizmo is crazy! :-)

    wanted to let you know I'm reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete