Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sine You've been gone

I know my posts seem to be few and far between but life is just not as excitng without Micah here. He is doing great and has done some amazing measurements of our apartment for me and of course has taken lots of pictures. He posted some on facebook so if you are friends with him you can see them there. 

Since Micah has been gone I have been keeping myself very busy...maybe too busy.  For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to get started on some of the house stuff to get it ready to be sold.  Job 1 was painting the upstairs game room which started out orange and black.  Let me just tell you, painting over orange and black is NOT an easy task.  On Monday I did 2 coats of primer working from 4:00pm-8:45 straight. Then on Wednesday I did 2 coats of paint.  I chose white because I wanted it to be very neutral.  I am finally finished. Here are the before and after pictures.
* I couldn't find any pictures of the before on this computer so I had to upload one from my facebook

Once I was done with the finishing touches on Thursday afternoon I was able to relax a little.  My friends have been taking good care of me and inviting me over for dinner and out to movies.  I am very thankful for my friends and don't know if I would have survived without them. 

Today I finally decided to give Gizmo a hair cut.  His hair was SO long.   I can't even remember the last time I gave him a hair cut....I'm thinking it may have been Thanksgiving.  Well, as with most things, when you procrastinate it takes you a lot longer.  Gizmo's hair cuts usually take me 2 hours but today it took me at least 3!  He looks so much better though and he is all ready for Spring.  Look at how much hair I cut off of him!
   


I had to switch to orange for this part but I am sad to see that blogger doesn't have an appropriate OSU orange.  I watched the OSU basketball game today against the #1 ranked Kansas and all I have to say about that is GO COWBOYS!



No comments:

Post a Comment