Monday, February 15, 2010

Be My Valentine

I made it through my first weekend with Micah gone.  He is safe and sound in Saudi and even getting to stay in our future apartment. It's nice to have insider information to help with the packing.  I have been able to talk to him every day and he is very busy with people on the compound.  

For my first weekend I headed north to the DFW area.  On Friday night I went to my lovely friend Anna's house near the Fort Worth area.  We went out to dinner at the delicious Babes Chicken and spent the rest of the night hanging out.  A freak snow storm had blown threw on Thursday so there was snow everywhere.  Gizmo did not really know what to think of it.

Saturday morning I headed a little further north to Denton, TX for my beautiful neices' birthday party.  Bailey turned 8 years old!  I can't believe she is already 8.   Her birthday party was at a pottery painting place where each kid was able to paint their own piece of pottery.  I decided to join in the fun and painted some myself but I wasn't very good.  Bailey was a great party host and was the most spoiled birthday girl I have ever seen. I gave her the "awesome" peace sign hat, I'm not sure if she really liked it but she humored me.

 

 I was also able to see my adorable nephew Coleton walking and running around.  He has the cutest PJ's I've ever seen.  The back says "New Sheriff in Town"....Check'em out:




On Sunday (Valentines Day) I headed back south to my home.  It was sad to spend Valentines Day without my Valentine but I made it through. Micah was a great husband who did give me my Valentine card and present before he left so I reread my card.  I hope you all had a great weekend and were able to spend Valentines day with the ones you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment