Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rodeo and Garage Sale

This past week has been very busy.  Last Sunday I finally hit my breaking point with Micah being gone so I packed my bags and Gizmo and we headed to my parents house.  Although staying with them took me 3x as long to get to and from work it was worth it.  There is something to be said for having people to talk to at night and not always eating alone.  Gizmo and I stayed with them until Thursday night.  

Thursday night my parents and I went to the Houston Rodeo.  I hadn't been to the rodeo since being a little kid so it was fun to get to go again.  The carnival part is enormous but all we did was walk by all the rides and attractions.  Then we went and looked at all the animals.  We were a little late so most of the animals were being put away for the night.  But we (I) got to see Kenny Chesney!  I put the I in parentheses because I don't think my parents really cared that much about Kenny but I sure did.  The Rodeo isn't a full on show but it was more of just a taste of Kenny.  We had a great time. Thanks Mom & Dad!

Our move date has been set for sometime early May or at least that is when Micah will be leaving.  As I sat down and started looking at our calendar I realized how many weekends between now and then are already "filled" with something.  Then when you have to coorelate with someone else (Mom) that takes away even more weekends.  So I realized at sorta the last minute that I would have to have my garage sale THIS weekend.  Well somehow we got it organized and even had Susie and Darrell join in.  We weren't the most organized but we survived.  I listed the garage sale for 8:00am but in typical fashion when I opened the garage door at 7:15 someone was already there to shop.  Overall we did pretty well. Thanks again to Mom and Dad for all of their help.  I would not have made it without them.  

Micah will be home Tuesday night.  It's finally almost over.






No comments:

Post a Comment