Friday, July 31, 2015

USA: Stillwater

Every time I head to Stillwater I have these day dreams of hanging out on the farm, wandering around in the pasture, driving the "gator", spending time with family, etc.  And typically I end up just feeling rushed and over-whelmed with not having enough time.   This time I was determined to enjoy my time in Stillwater.  After our trip to Napa, Mom and I picked up the kids from Grandma and Grandpa and the next morning we headed to Stillwater (about a 2 hour drive).

Papa and Coleton were already at the farm house waiting for us to arrive.  Jacob was instantly Coleton's little shadow.  He thought everything Coleton did was the coolest.  They had a blast playing outside in the tiny swimming pool, riding the Gator, chasing each other around the house and just generally having lots of cousin fun.  I was also had enough time to relax outside with the kids, ride the gator, enjoy the outdoors and hang out with family.














While we were there, my Aunt Sandra retired from the Veterinary school at OSU so we had a little impromptu retirement party.  It was fun having even more family around to celebrate.

My Dad, Aunt Sandra, Uncle Stan, and Uncle Roger
Of course I also had to make time for a visit to Oklahoma City to see my best friends from college!  Christina actually had the entire day off so we were able to hang out most of the day.  We spent the first part of the day just hanging out at Christina's house watching the kids play and it was the first time I was able to meet Luke!  Earlier afternoon Christina and my kids headed over to Kendra's so that we could hang out with Kendra and meet her new one Callen.  It's crazy how many babies are in in our college group now!  That evening we all got together kid free and had dinner.  It was lots of fun getting have a dinner just girls.  I miss these girls!!!
Me and Callend
Hailey and Luke and Kate's feet
Kendra, Holly, Me, Christina
It was a wonderful time spent in Oklahoma. We also spent 4th of July weekend in Stillwater but I'm going to save that for it's own post coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment