Thursday, November 14, 2013

Our new home: Floor 1

I've been putting off posting pictures of our villa until it felt more "finished".  I finally realized that I have no idea when that will be so I might as well post some now.

While Mom was here, we went shopping and bought this piece of furniture and then decorated with stuff we had already.  I LOVE my new entryway.  The first picture is taken from the front door and then looks on into Jacob's playroom. The second picture is taken from the entry to the kitchen.
After the entryway is Jacob's playroom (I took this picture before we had the entryway done).  He loves having his own space in the middle of our living area.  It works out great for us to be able to spend time anywhere downstairs while he plays. 
Connected to Jake's play area is our main living room.
The dinning room is behind the living area with a little spot for our computer desk.  I love being able to work on the computer and not feel out of the loop.  The dinning table, buffet table, and desk are actually furniture that goes with the villa, not ours. All the decorations are of course ours. 



Off to the side of the dinning room is the kitchen.  The kitchen is kinda closed off from the other areas but there is a large open window so I don't feel so isolated.  It does have doors to close it off which I find way more handy than I expected. I love being able to keep Jake out or in depending on the situation. 


We also have a small half bath downstairs. Plus a maids quarters which I use as a pantry and storage. 
Our backyard doesn't compare to Saudi but it is useable and in the shade most of the day which makes it a really nice place to hang out. Since the picture was taken, I have rearranged and gotten some plants to make it seem a little more green. 

I actually really enjoy the layout of our villa.  It feels much more homey and logical than our villa in Saudi.  I feel like there is a lot less wasted space which is nice. I think we will enjoy living here the next few years.  Our villa is actually 3 stories so this is only the first floor.  I'm really not ready to post pictures of upstairs yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment