I was also pleasantly surprised when our compound here decided to do trick-or-treating on Halloween night. This was so surprising to me since most of the people on our compound are British and I didn't really think they celebrated Halloween. Guess I was wrong. Last year after Halloween I bought Jacob the shark costume from Potterybarn kids for super cheap. He was the cutest shark ever. But he hated wearing the costume…until we took him outside and let him run free! He didn't care about candy, he actually would pick a piece and then put it back, and he didn't care about people, all he cared about was running.
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Halloween and a Qatari Pumpkin Patch
As fall approached us here in Qatar and the temperature outside stayed well above 90* it was hard to truly feel like it was fall. In my mind it was still the middle of summer so Halloween and all things fall kinda snuck up on us. The only reminder I had was everyones super cute pictures of their kids at pumpkin patches on Facebook. I was (and still am) a little bummed to not be able to take Jacob to a true pumpkin patch but to make up for it (sorta) I bought a couple of tiny pumpkins at the grocery store for a mere $20. So one day while Mom and Inez were here visiting, we sat Jake in front of the wall and made him take pictures with pumpkins. A Qatari style pumpkin patch. Of course to get him to cooperate it had to be a game!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment