Monday, November 11, 2013

Layover with Heather and Luke

When we lived in Saudi, every time we flew back to the USA we would leave the compound at 2am, fly to Doha, and then leave Doha at 9 am.  This makes you completely exhausted before you ever even get on the 16 hour flight to the USA.  So my friend Heather, from Saudi, recently decided to get to Doha the day before the flight to the USA and spend the night with us in Doha.  I was so excited to have a great Saudi friend come visit.  There is something so nice about having a best friend in your new home.  Even though it was short we had a great visit.  She did come while my parents were here but we were ok with hanging out all together and having some fun.

After we picked Heather up from the airport we headed to Souq Waqif to pick up some pottery Mom and I had ordered and then to have dinner. Having Mom with us allowed us to get a few pictures together. We ate at Damasca once again since Dad and Micah had never been there.







We took the boys home and let them play some before bath time.  However, I spent most of my time making sure Jacob didn't push over Luke.  He was trying to give hugs at first but then I think he was trying to push him down like he pushes me over when we play.  Doesn't work so well for a little guy.  Ohh well.  After bath time the boys went to bed and Heather and I spent some time on the back patio catching up.  I'm so happy they decided to do a long lay-over and visit us. Come back anytime Heather!

No comments:

Post a Comment