I found myself up much later tonight than normal. Micah went to bed early and I decided to take advantage of uninterrupted time to finish up laundry and watch some tv. Of course this also included some Facebook and news reading. As the night progressed I found myself getting more and more saddened by the pain and suffering I was reading about, angered by the injustices of this world, and grieving for people I know who have been through so much pain and even for people I didn't know. As I noticed these feelings I was trying to decipher why. Was I just emotional? Did someone need my prayers? Or was it just one of those moments when God reminds you that one day He will take all of that away all that pain and suffering?
Revelation 21:4
"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
Finally I decided to go to bed but as I got into bed I looked at my baby monitor with a sudden urge to go and hold my baby. Yes, I knew I might wake him up, and yes, I might disturb his sleep and the rest of our night could be bad. But you know what, I did it anyway. I went into his room, got him out of bed and rocked him. I sat there praying for him and loving him more than I ever realized I could love. What a precious moment! And you know what, it didn't disturb his sleep in the slightest but it did give this Mama great joy and peace.
Philippians 4:6 & 7
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment