Thursday, August 2, 2012

Routine

Now that I'm finally a little over being alone, Jacob and I are starting to find our routine. He really is a great baby and makes it easy to get in a routine.  He is pretty consistently going to bed around 10:30-11 and sleeps till 4:30 or so then eats and goes back to sleep until around 8.  I am one lucky Momma! He then eats, stays awake for little while, and takes a nap on about a 3 hour rotation. It's still hard to get used to living life in 3 hour segments and sometimes hard to get motivated to get things done while he is asleep but I guess thats life. 


First thing in the mornings we head for the gym. He is typically awake during this time but enjoys the walk to the gym and seems to find me on the elliptical entertaining. Only occasionally do I have to get off to walk him around or give him his pacifier. After the workout, we head back home and I put him down for a nap so that I can shower and get ready for the rest of the day.


The rest of our day is very laid back. I let him be on his schedule and at some point find time to eat, do laundry, cook dinner, etc.  I don't have much to do outside the house since it is so stinkin hot (120 AND HUMID) and since it's Ramadan.  Ramadan essentially means stores are open strange hours and no restaurants or food places are open during the day. This makes it even more difficult to go anywhere and it be enjoyable.  Also, most of my friends are back in the US so our social calendar is a little slow.   


I realize my routine will change some when Ramadan is over and my friends are back.  We will have way more social activities then :)  I also know that the routine will always be a moving target as he grows and his needs change but I'm ready for the challenge. 


On a side note, I started a blog for Jacob.  The main purpose of this blog is to be able to make it into a book for his 1 year birthday. So for the most part it's just for me but if anyone is interested it is:

Jacob's World

No comments:

Post a Comment