Thursday, August 16, 2012

2 Months

Our little man is 2 months old today! Not much has changed since I did the 8 weeks post a few days ago so I won't repeat too much.    We went to the doctor yesterday for his 2 month appointment and vaccinations.  Since he wasn't sick and it is Ramadan I decided to go to the local hospital here in Jubail.  Needless to say I wasn't too impressed.  My doctor in Khobar at SAAD really checks Jacob out. Takes off his diaper to and clothes to check for diaper rash, etc. He really looks at his whole body and explains to me what he is doing while he does it.  This doctor in Jubail listened to Jacob's heart beat for about 2 seconds, looked up his nose, and signed the vaccine forms. Didn't ask me how much he weighed at birth, didn't check length or head circumference and pretty much didn't do anything.  Ohh well, I was really just there for the shots anyway.  We have an appointment with a pediatrician in the US the day after we get back so I will save my questions for that appointment.  One positive thing is that Jake hasn't really had any bad side-effects from the shots except for maybe sleeping more.

Now that I'm done with my doctor rant, he did start sleeping through the night 2 nights ago.  He slept from 10:30pm-5:30am and then eats and goes back to sleep until 7:30 or 8:00.  I'm loving the 7 hours straight. He is a little bit fussier today than normal and wants to sleep more but I was still able to get his 2 month pictures done. Enjoy!



 Age: 2 months
Weight: 11 lbs.
Length: 22”
Eye Color: still blue
Hair Color: still dirty blonde
Eating Schedule: every 3 hours
Night Time Schedule: 7 hours!
Clothing Size: 0-3 (bigger ones) or 3 month
New Activities: He smiles and giggles often, starting to find his hands

No comments:

Post a Comment