Finally!
I was finally able to leave this oppressive country for a day. Even just a
day out of Saudi can do a lot for the morale. Micah was able to take this
Monday off for a quick trip to Bahrain. We had to take this trip to activate
our visas (when we get our Saudi visas we have to leave the country within a
certain number of days). Plus I just really needed to get out of Saudi and off
of Murjan. We left Murjan at 7:30am and headed for the land of the slightly
free. Our original plan was to eat
breakfast at Ric's but the causeway customs was busy and took longer than we
had hoped so we headed straight for City Center mall. It was a little sad to
not get biscuits and gravy and pork bacon but we will be in the US soon so I
guess it can wait.
Shopping in
Bahrain is amazing compared to Saudi except for one issue, the prices. I guess
we pay a premium to shop in a bright pretty mall with modern clean restrooms
and places to actually try on clothes. However, in the end I didn't really buy
much because I kept thinking about how much cheaper I could get everything in
the US or even Saudi. It's still fun to shop in freedom with no prayer time
closings and no abaya.
Micah and
I had learned previously that city center was opening a Potbelly Sandwich shop.
We LOVE Potbelly. It was our lucky day because it was finally open. Yes, we did
eat there for lunch and dinner.... This was Jakes first Potbelly experience.
Doesn't he look excited?
Another
task on our agenda was to attempt to see a movie. I know, we are crazy thinking
we could take a 2 month old to a movie, and not just any movie....we went to
see Batman. I was fully prepared
to have to leave the movie at some point with a crying baby. However, I'm proud
to say that Jake's schedule worked out perfectly and he slept through most of
the movie and ate through the end. We were able to watch the whole movie
without a peep from him!
Jacob did
awesome the whole day including all the car time. He slept in his stroller
while we shopped, he ate when it was time to eat, and played and smiled at us
when he was awake. I'm hoping this is a good sign for our trip to France in 9
days!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment