My Mom left last night after 6 wonderful weeks together. As I was crying in the car on the way home from the airport, I realized how blessed I was to be able to cry over this situation. Not everyone gets the chance to cry because their Mom has been with them 6 weeks and now they will miss them. Not everyone would want to cry after being with their Mom for 6 weeks or if they did they might cry for joy :) So, needless to say, I am very blessed to have such a wonderful Mom who was willing to fly all the way to Saudi Arabia to live with us for 6 weeks. Who helped keep me sane with a new baby, helped keep us fed, clothes washed, and kept me entertained while feeding. We really didn't do a whole lot while she was here besides take care of the baby but it sure was great to have company.
Now I have to try to remember how to live in my house without someone always there to talk to or hand Jacob off to if I need to do something. Jacob now has to learn how to not be held all day in order to let this Mom cook dinner and wash clothes. The first couple days will be hard but I know eventually we will get used to our new life. Every time I want to cry, I think of the joy of having such a wonderful mother. I am truly blessed. Hopefully I can be the same for my precious boy.
* Thanks to my Dad for loaning Mom out
Did I mention I also have a fantastic mother-in-law. She was able to stay with us for 4 weeks and help with Jacob, cleaning, food, and also keep us entertained. Not many people want to spend that much time with their in-laws but I appreciated every moment. Marvetta and my Mom helped each other out with baby stuff and the not as much fun stuff like laundry. We are so grateful for all of her help. It's such a blessing to have 2 wonderful Mom's around to get advice from and to help get me started in my mom-hood. She did raise a pretty fantastic son!


No comments:
Post a Comment