Saturday, May 5, 2012

Man Shower

I know I've said this before but our friends here in Saudi truly are amazing.  The other night I was told that we were all getting together for dinner before everyone started to leave on vacations.  Since this is something we would normally do, I didn't think much about it. That night Micah and I wandered over to Matt and Cherie's to walk into a surprise "Man Shower".  The girls had decided that Micah needed his very own baby shower and that the guys should be the ones playing the baby shower games.  To start the night we ate a great dinner and then moved on to the shower games.


The first game the guys played was the Poopy Diaper game where we melt different chocolate candies in a diaper and the guys had to guess what candy was in each one.  It's funny...I've played this game with girls before and very few of us actually taste the candy. I don't think there was one guy who didn't taste to try to figure it out.  


 For the second round, the guys played "Baby Charades".  We played this game at my shower the Friday before and had a lot of fun playing. It was almost as fun watching the guys play with similar words and seeing how differently their minds work from us girls.




 Last but definitely not least was the epic game of stroller races.  The goal was to get the stroller opened completely and back closed the fastest.  Each stroller was different and some were easier than others.  Brooks and Jamie ended up tying over-all so they had to do a tie breaker.  For the tie breaker they each had to open and close every stroller while being timed. The fastest time won.  Surprise! Brooks, the dad of 3, won.





 While the guys were playing, I decided to get in some practice time with sweet little Brooklyn.
After the games Micah opened his gifts of diapers, diapers, and more diapers (awesome!).  They were all in honor of Micah having never changed a diaper.  I can't wait for Jacob to be his first diaper change.
As usual, there was time for plain ol' goofing off.


Thanks to all of our wonderful friends for throwing another great party for Jacob!

No comments:

Post a Comment