Sunday, April 29, 2012

Saudi Blessings

Living in Saudi on Murjan Village is like stepping back into the US circa 1950.  Most of us are stay at home moms living in a tiny town where everyone knows everyone and everyone knows everyones business.  Of course this has it's ups and downs.  Sometimes there are things that everyone just shouldn't know but to me there are more ups.  I have gotten to know such a great group of woman and we all support each other in this crazy Saudi life.  

On April 27, my best friends here in Saudi threw me a wonderful baby shower.  I can't express how much I appreciate these wonderful girls. 
Cherie, Lindsey, Me, Laura, Heather
They made such cute decorations not only for the shower but some that I could take home to hang in Jacob's room. Plus the food was delicious!  Since they all know I'm not big on vegetables :) they decided to do a dessert only shower.  It was all so good that ladies on the compound are still asking about some of the desserts. 




The women here are so much fun to be around and since we all know each other pretty well there is never a dull moment.  The girls had planned for a baby shower game of "baby charades".   We split into two teams and had to act out words that dealt with something baby.  It was a very entertaining game with tough competition. 

Then it was time to open Jacob's presents.  We got such great stuff and are so blessed that people are willing to buy for us and shower us.  The girls also had a great idea for people to bring books instead of greeting cards so Jacob's library is pretty much set. 


Just so we will always remember everyone, I asked for a group picture at the end of the shower.  Here are the great ladies of Murjan. 
Thank you all for being such a wonderful support system and for coming to celebrate with us!





No comments:

Post a Comment