Sunday, January 10, 2010

Getting it together

I feel as though it has taken me a whole week to get my house back in order...and as I say this I realize my house is still not in order.  I have finally cleaned the downstairs which is where we spend 99.9% of our time so I guess that counts as "in order".  This week I have started on some of the stuff for Saudi.  My main concern is Gizmo.  Thats right, my biggest concern about moving to the Middle East is how to get my dog there safely.  I love him way more than any person should probably love a dog but look how cute he is:


So the big debate now is whether or not I can get all the stuff for Gizmo done on my own or if we need to pay one of these expensive pet moving companies.  Right now I'm leaning towards pet movers.  


After getting started on Gizmo I decided to move on to our attic.  This started with sorting and organizing Christmas decorations.  I had three piles: Sea shipment, Storage, and Garage Sale.  It looks as though Micah and I are going to have a rather large garage sale in the near future.  Once I had the Christmas stuff done I bravely ventured into the attic.  I say bravely because I definitely thought several times about spiders and rats, luckily none were seen.  I opened boxes that haven't been opened in 3 years or more, sorted through them, labeled them, and put them on my packing list. Here is my progress so far:







Today was take a break from packing day and we were blessed to get to babysit our best friends little boy.  Gavin is at a very fun age where he is exploring and learning new things.  He was looking out our back door and really wanted to join Gizmo outside so we went out to play for a little bit.  He would chase after Gizmo and when Gizmo would run he would crack up laughing.  It was so cute! 






Gavin was also fascinated with going up and down the step off our deck.  I think he was more interested since I was telling him to be careful.  He wanted to prove to us that he could do it...just like a man ;)



We hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment