Thursday, October 16, 2014

Jacob's Big Boy Bed

Once we found out we were having a baby, we decided it would be easier to keep the nursery room the same and move Jacob to the other room that already had a twin sized bed.  I have to admit that I was dreading the transition of Jacob from the crib to a big boy bed.  To make it more exciting I bought some cute bedding, Star Wars sheets, and fun car rug and pictures to hang on the walls that I knew he would love!  After our summer trip to the USA and getting over jet-lag, we decided it was time to make the move. 

For the most part, the only thing I was really worried about was him staying in his bed at night.  Micah and I got his room all ready, read him a book about big boy beds, and then held our breathe the first night.  Everything went exceptionally easy!  He loved his room, enjoyed laying in bed to read and seemed excited about the new bed.  He fell asleep within 15 minutes and slept all night.  I couldn't believe how easy Jacob made it on us. 

 



To this day he still loves his room.  He has never once asked to get back in the crib or acted like he misses his old room.  Not once has he climbed out of his bed.  He always waits for one of us to come get him even in the mornings and after nap.  It's amazing.  We did have a couple nights of him falling off the end of the bed but I put some pillows under his fitted sheet and that has solved that problem.  He is one happy boy in his new bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment