Sunday, September 28, 2014

Oklahoma- Labor Day Weekend

Once Micah arrived in the USA we all loaded up and headed back to Oklahoma.  We first went to Wagoner to spend one night with Micah's parents before continuing on to Stillwater.   We basically arrived in Wagoner in time to head down to the lake and go for evening rides on the jet-skiis.  Of course I wasn't able to ride but I still enjoyed sitting down at the lake letting Jacob swim.










The Perry's were very generous in agreeing to drive to Stillwater to spend a couple days with us at my parents farm house.  We had a blast hanging out on the farm.  The boys enjoyed riding the Gator and the 4 wheeler around while Lindsey and I enjoyed sitting on the back porch talking and soaking up the beautiful weather.  We truly couldn't have asked for better weather.  Most of our meals we ate outside on the back porch except of course for our trip to Eskimo Joes. It was a great couple of days and I'm so grateful to friends willing to drive so far just to see us!













Every Labor Day weekend my Gilbert family gets together for my Papa's birthday.  It also happens to be great timing for the Gilbert Family fantasy football draft.  The weekend is always filled with lots of football, food, fun, and family.  








On Sunday, we had Papa's 84th birthday party at my Aunt Sandra's.  As it turns out, my wonderful family had also planned a surprise baby shower!  I was very surprised!! It was a good thing I had changed out of my clothes I had worn out on the gator.  We were showered with all sorts of lovely gifts, beautiful decorations, and a cute yummy cake.  Thanks Traci, Mom, and Sandra for hosting!











I just love the years that Micah and I are able to spend Labor Day weekend in Oklahoma with family!




No comments:

Post a Comment