Our drive over seemed to take longer than I remember and I had forgotten how bad traffic is in Baton Rouge. Needless to say, once we arrived Jacob was ready to play. My sister has a virtual kid paradise in her back yard with a trampoline, huge sandbox, play house, slides and a kiddie pool. Jacob was so happy to be out of the car and playing that he jumped in the pool in his clothes. Jacob literally did not stop playing with his cousins for about 4 hours! He was even ok with not eating dinner till after 8:30. This gave me plenty of time to sit and catch up with my sister and nieces. In true Louisiana form, Selena and Adam fried fresh fish for dinner. It was yummy!
The next morning Jacob and I woke up bright and early to head to New Orleans (about an hour drive). We met Anna and Liam at their house and quickly loaded up for a trip to the French Quarter to Cafe DuMonde to eat beigneits for breakfast. It has been a very long time since I have visited New Orleans so it brought back some fun memories. Because of my memories of going to the Aquarium of the America's growing up, we decided to take the boys. I have to admit, they weren't all that interested in the fish and were more interested in running. Occasionally we were able to get them to stop and look at a fish for a couple seconds. After the aquarium we took the boys back for a nap and Anna and I enjoyed some down time to just talk and catch up. Once they woke up, we headed off for dinner and to a park for some play time. We had a busy fun filled day in New Orleans with Anna and Liam. I'm so happy we decided to make the drive to visit them.
Our last morning in Louisiana we took our time getting ready and left New Orleans in time to meet my sister for lunch in Baton Rouge. It was nice to have another chance to catch up before Jacob and I made the drive back to Houston. We had a great few days in Louisiana!

No comments:
Post a Comment