Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Houston pt. 1, Dallas, Oklahoma

I'm not sure if I have ever mentioned how nice it is to have parents that live in Houston.   After a 16 hour flight, it is so nice to get off that plane, see familiar faces, and be "home" in 20 minutes. I'm not sure what I will do if they move before we live in the USA again!

Our first weekend in Houston, The Perry's were driving through on their way back to Borger from Lake Charles.  They decided to stop over for a night to get a short visit in.  Brooks was sad not to have Micah there too but he made due with just seeing me and Jacob.  The kids had a blast playing together while we spent some time talking.








Part of the time that Jacob and I spent in Houston, my niece and nephew Bailey and Coleton were also spending in Houston.  It was fun to have so much time together with them and for Jacob to have so much time to play with his cousins.  We did a lot of playing in the water either in the back yard or at the neighborhood pools. Of course some time was also spent playing the Wii!






















After a while in Houston with a side trip to Louisiana, it was time to take Coleton and Bailey back home to Dallas.  Jacob and I had volunteered for the task since we would get to visit my brother and sis-in-law some more and then head to Oklahoma for time with my friends.   While in Dallas we visited the park, and a trampoline park which Jacob and Coleton loved.  It was difficult to get good pictures at the trampoline park due to the lighting. 







We spent a couple nights in Dallas and then continued north to Oklahoma City to spend a long weekend with my friends Holly, Christina, and Kendra.  Jacob had a blast playing with Holly's little girl Emily and bullying Christina's little girl Kate (sorry Kate!)  The girls were super sweet and threw me a surprise baby shower.   It was just us girls but they had cute decorations, delicious cup cakes, and wonderful gifts.  It was so fun to celebrate baby girl.  Thank you girls!



This was also the first time I was able to meet baby Caleb Jackson. He is such a cute little baby!  It was fun to hold a newborn and try to remind myself of what it will be like soon.  We had a great weekend in Oklahoma spending time with wonderful friends.








After all the traveling, Jacob and I headed back to Houston to spend some down time relaxing and spending time with Nana and Papa before Micah arrived.  




No comments:

Post a Comment