Since we decided to be induced, the doc wanted us at the hospital at 1:00am! Since the hospital is 1.5 hours away we left our comfy home at 11:30pm and started our journey for the hospital. It was such a strange feeling leaving our home knowing we would be returning a family of 3. Of course I was terrified of what they day was going to bring but I just kept holding onto the idea of seeing my little boy.
By around 1:30am, June 16, we were checked in an ready to go. For the first half of the morning Micah, Mom, Marvetta, and I spent our time trying to get some extra sleep. Luckily for them, there was a big leather couch in the room and a rickety chair. Although I was having contractions when I arrived at the hospital the process didn't seem to be moving along that quickly. I felt very impatient.
Around 8 am my doctor finally arrived and came in to check me. I still hadn't progressed much and were told we would be waiting. A couple hours later around 10 my doctors female helper, Dr. Evelyn, came in to check me again. This time we were about halfway- 5cm but she still thought we would deliver around 2pm. Once she left, I started noticing that I could "feel" a whole lot more than I was feeling before. I noticed that I could tell when I was touching my legs, etc. It took some firm talk to convince the nurse of this but eventually the anesthesiologist came back in to get me fixed up. While this was happening, Dr. Evelyn came back in and figured out that it was almost go time! Within one hour I had gone from halfway to "GO" time.
I'll spare all the ewwy gooey details and just say that after 30-40 minutes of pushing, Jacob Asher Sperling arrived into this world at 12:10pm June 16. He weighed 6.81lbs and was 20.47" and of course, he is absolutely perfect!
Around 8 am my doctor finally arrived and came in to check me. I still hadn't progressed much and were told we would be waiting. A couple hours later around 10 my doctors female helper, Dr. Evelyn, came in to check me again. This time we were about halfway- 5cm but she still thought we would deliver around 2pm. Once she left, I started noticing that I could "feel" a whole lot more than I was feeling before. I noticed that I could tell when I was touching my legs, etc. It took some firm talk to convince the nurse of this but eventually the anesthesiologist came back in to get me fixed up. While this was happening, Dr. Evelyn came back in and figured out that it was almost go time! Within one hour I had gone from halfway to "GO" time.
I'll spare all the ewwy gooey details and just say that after 30-40 minutes of pushing, Jacob Asher Sperling arrived into this world at 12:10pm June 16. He weighed 6.81lbs and was 20.47" and of course, he is absolutely perfect!










No comments:
Post a Comment