Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Before Christmas in Houston

After Thanksgiving but before Christmas the kids and I had lots of time to play.  My parents neighborhood had a Christmas festival with a big jump house, petting zoo, train, sleigh rides, and even Santa.  Jacob had a blast doing every single thing.  Unfortunately it started raining on us and cut our time short!








This was the first year that I didn't put up any of my own Christmas decorations.  It was  a little sad so the kids and I helped Nana put up Papa's "Cowboy" tree. Of course popcorn was involved.









At the last minute, I decided to drive to Dallas and back in one day to surprise Bailey at her dance recital.  It was so much fun seeing the look of shock on her face and of course getting to watch her dance.  She did such an awesome job, it was worth the drive.




The day after Bailey's recital, Chad, Traci, Bailey and Coleton all made their way to Houston to spend some time at Nana and Papa's before Christmas.  We had fun hanging out, playing games, etc.  I don't have many pictures from that time but it was fun!  Another tradition we've started is an Houston themed outing.  Since Bailey is of babysitting age now this makes it easier to do.  The adults all loaded up and headed to a local Houston brewery, Karbach Brewery.  Micah wasn't too happy we were doing this without him but we missed him!  We had fun sitting out on their back porch trying beer and playing games. 




No comments:

Post a Comment