Thursday, August 6, 2015

Jacob's Summer Camp

Jacob just finished up his first "pre-school" experience.  During the summers in Doha, the nursery's do 1 week summer camps where you pay by the week to enroll your kids.  I decided to enroll Jacob for 1 week to the school that he will start going to in September.  I have a friend that sends her kids to this nursery so I didn't "shop around" or anything.  I just showed up to this place and enrolled him.

Ohh, his first week...I have such mixed emotions.  Of course I was sad that my baby boy is old enough to be going to "school" but I loved how excited he was about going and he was SO excited about his Spider Man lunch box.  All but one morning he cried when I dropped him off but all but one day he cried when I picked him up! Ha, silly boy!!  This nursery really is great.  They have great teachers and excellent facilities.  Jacob got to bounce in a bounce house, experience the soft play room, go to music class, cook in the kitchen, do science experiments, etc.  They really try to make it a learning experience and not just babysitting.

I loved having time to just hang out with Hailey and watch her play and explore with no big brother around to take toys from her.  I also enjoyed being able to get stuff done in the mornings!  It reminded me what it's like to have just one baby!  However, I wasn't a fan of getting up and leaving the house every day of the week! I'm not looking forward to kindergarten and having to do that for real school.  In September Jacob will be going 2 days a week which I think we will both enjoy.

Here is my adorable handsome boy on his first day of preschool summer camp.




As I mentioned before, I loved my time with just Hailey.  I should have taken more pictures but I did get a couple of us while we were together.
 All in all, it was a great week in Doha!

No comments:

Post a Comment