Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Hailey 9 months

Hailey's Stats:
Age: 9 months
Weight: She is 15 lbs, 2 oz.  I still try not to worry about how small she is but every time I weigh her I have a mini freak out moment.  It's not that I don't want her to be small, I just worry something is wrong.  
Length: about 27"
Eye Color: deep blue - they are lightening up some but still very blue
Hair color: blonde- with some tints of red.  
Clothing:  Mostly 9 month but I'm holding on to my favorite 6 month outfits
Eating Schedule: She is finally taking more ounces/feeding and has a bottle in the morning, before her morning nap, before afternoon nap and before bed.  Occasionally she wants a bottle in the early evening but not often.  Typically solids at dinner are enough.  She gets solid food at lunch and dinner and sometimes breakfast.  
Sleeping: She goes to bed around 8:30pm and wakes up around 7:30-8.  She really struggled with jet-lag back in the Middle East and it took us about 2 weeks to get back on schedule.  I was one tired Mama.  In the last week I stopped putting her in any type of swaddle.  She was still sleeping with a swaddle blanket around her feet but I decided it was time to try to stop.  It didn't take too much effort. 

Other: She now has 3 bottom teeth and 4 on top.  I can already see more coming!  She is going to have a full set of teeth before she is 1

Talking: She is still pretty quiet in comparison to her brother.  He was and continues to be a non-stop noise maker.  I wonder if sometimes she just feels like she doesn't need to add to the noise.  But she does squeal, make dadadada sounds, and she has her own little "heh" sound that she makes when she's excited. 

Activity:  Hailey is perfecting the crawling and getting faster and faster.  She is pulling up more frequently and is trying to walk her feet. She loves exploring the house and seeing what she can find.  She recently found our DVD collection and had lots of fun pulling them all off the shelf.  I also stopped using the bath seat and just let her sit in the bathtub with Jacob.  I've even let her crawl around some.  I have to keep my eye on her super closely but she is getting better and understanding she can't go under :)

Personality: She is still a very happy, chill baby.  She loves to watch her brother and is trying more and more to play with him.  Jacob isn't always a fan but I'm working on him. She is a "go with the flow" baby.  Even if I have to wake her up early or she doesn't get her nap she doesn't seem to get too cranky.  She never gets upset about being woken up.

This past month Hailey traveled on another airplane for the 14 hour flight (it's shorter going back) back to Doha.  She did great!  She slept well and played in her bassinet seat.  We spent our first week back just trying to adjust and enjoying all the toys we'd missed for the past month.  It's been a pretty good month!

This was by far the most difficult time I've had taking her picture.  She was so interested in the board and just wanted to crawl and play in her bed!
* The first dress Hailey is wearing was made for me when I was a baby by my Grandma Gilbert*























No comments:

Post a Comment