Hailey's Stats:
Age: 6 months
Weight: 12 lbs 15oz - still so little! more on that later
Length: 25"
Eye Color: deep blue- they are lightening up some but still very blue
Hair color: blonde- still hasn't started falling out! Crossing our fingers it won't.
Clothing: 6 months or 6-9 month but the 6-9 are a little big
Eating Schedule: Every 3 hours. We are almost exclusively bottle as of this past week. She still nurses morning and night. This month I have noticed she gets SO excited when we are eating. I've given her a few soft foods like pizza crust to gnaw on while we eat and she has loved it. Soon will start solids.
Sleeping: She goes to bed around 9pm. Then sleeps till about 3 am for a quick feed and then back down till 7. Our sleeping habits have really struggled this month with jet-lag from our trip to Vietnam and her suddenly not eating well but we are getting back to normal. We are on about 3 naps a day. 1-2 in the morning that aren't very long and then 1 longer one in the afternoon.
Other: Hailey is getting her first tooth! Bottom left. The top is poking through the gums.
As you can see from the weight, Hailey is tiny. She is in the 3% right now. I've been super worried about it but have been told by multiple Pediatricians, including USA ones, that she is fine. Well, I was still worried and took her in recently and once again was told she is fine. Because of my fears and just personal desire, I'm switching Hailey to formula. This way I know how much she is eating. The dr told me to stop worrying and just expect her to be little for a while, maybe always.
Activity: Hailey is rolling around easily wherever she would like to go. Which means she is sleeping on her stomach now. She is much more interactive with her toys and enjoys playing on the floor and her "exercauser". She has learned how to spin herself around in the exercauser so she can play with all the toys. Jacob of course thinks he should tell her how to play. I can tell she is trying to crawl. She pulls her knees up under her and reaches out with her hand and then...falls over. But she is working on it. She is getting better at sitting supported but that still isn't her favorite. I'm wondering if she will start crawling before sitting.
Personality: Hailey is still an easy, happy baby. She goes with the flow and seems to be ok with being taken around everywhere including Vietnam. She also thinks Jacob is hysterical as long as he's not being overwhelming or trying to hurt her. I'm constantly asked if she is always this happy to which I get to say yes! Of course her fussiest times are when Mom is trying to eat.
Here's our beautiful Hailey Bear!




No comments:
Post a Comment