Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Valentine's Day

This Valentine’s Day was a little complicated for us.   Micah has been working 14 hour days with only 1 day off per week so I knew he wouldn’t have time or the brain capacity to really think about Valentine’s Day.  I decided I would just take charge and do whatever I thought would make him happy while at the same time keeping me happy! First of all I knew he would want to sleep and mostly have a low-key day so for the most part that’s what we did.  I made flapjacks for breakfast and we just spent the morning as a family playing with the kids.   For lunch I had a babysitter come so that Micah and I could go out for a late lunch.  We went to a very romantic lunch at Elevation Burger.  Ok so maybe it wasn’t romantic but I was craving a juicy burger and knew it was a place Micah really liked.  Plus I knew it wouldn’t take that long so that we could be home for naptime. 

That evening I made one of Micah’s favorites, my “Chick-Fil-A” chicken and again we just enjoyed the night together as a family. There may have been a couple glasses of wine consumed over the weekend too J


My gift to Micah was a picture collage of the kids in a frame that he could take to work. Aren’t they cute! We also took a few pictures during the day.  

Happy Valentine's Day!!







No comments:

Post a Comment