With all the Hailey updates, I feel like it's time to capture some of Jacob right now at 2 1/2 years old. I have not hated the 2's. I'll admit, we've had our rough moments, days, weeks, but overall it hasn't been bad. He is actually usually a super fun kid. I also decided to write this today since it has been a very good day :)
I woke up this morning around 8 am listening to Jacob cracking up over the monitor. What he found so funny, I have no idea but what a wonderful way to wake up! I usually go get him around 8 and he insists that when you open his door you say "Ready to get up?". He then climbs out of his bed and we head downstairs to eat breakfast. Breakfast consists of the usual. If I feel like cooking its French toast, waffles, pancakes, muffins, eggs, etc. If I don't feel like cooking it's cereal (he loves Cinnamon Toast Crunch), toast and yogurt, or on my rushed mornings we do pop tarts. He usually eats a lot at breakfast, the boy wakes up hungry. His favorite food for lunch or dinner is mac and cheese or pizza. He doesn't get that for every meal though and he will eat most of what I cook.
Jacob loves to play with his toys. I feel like we basically have a kid heaven going on here with all the toys we have but Jacob does play with most of it. Currently his favorite movie is "and beyond" aka "Toy Story". He has a fancy Buzz Lightyear, small stuffed Woody and Jessie plus Mr. Potato head and dinosaurs. For some reason he has been obsessed with Mr. Potato head. He will sit and just play with him for an hour. Jacob also enjoys his new train track, Jake the pirate hide out, and as always Kachow (Lightning McQueen from Cars). Playing with cars is a long time favorite that he still returns to often.
Jacob talks a lot more and more every day. Some of the things he says cracks me up. Just yesterday he said "ohh my word" which of course is something I say way too often! His version of "too infinity and beyond" sounds more like "broccoli and beyond". When he is hungry I get "I hungry" in a super whiney voice emphatically until the moment I put food in front of him. For some reason the idea of Mom's working on it doesn't register in his brain. He has also finally learned to tell us what he likes. He will say "I like ____" It's fun to hear what his little brain is thinking about.
This boy still loves to sing and loves his music. We sing all sorts of Sunday School songs all the time. Currently the favorite song to make me sing is the Veggie Tales theme song. Occasionally he will also tell me that he likes one of my songs while we are ridding in the car. I'll make him a country music lover ;) Sorry Grandpa. I finally got him to sing songs to Hailey. It was so cute to listen to him sing to her and watch her smile at him. Today he was singing "The wise man built his house upon the rock" to her and she was loving it. As much as he loves to sing, all of a sudden he doesn't want to dance. AT. ALL. He doesn't want Mom to dance either. Makes me kinda sad but I'm working on him.
Of course Jacob still can't get enough of running, jumping, and climbing. He makes obstacle courses around the house and scares me on a regular basis. If there is a step he is going to jump, if there is room to run he is going to run, and if it looks climbable he will climb it. I'm trying to teach him boundaries (don't climb on our nice couch) while still letting him be a boy and explore. I guess as a former PE teacher I'm pretty impressed with his balance and ability so I let more things go than maybe the average mom would.
Jacob still enjoys his books and I will find him in his room just sitting "reading" his books. I love that he enjoys books so much. When I put him to bed we have a rule that I pick a book and he picks a book and then we take turns reading them to each other. I love listening to his interpretation of the books.
Sometimes I can't believe how much fun it is to be his Mom! Yes, we have moments or days when I don't feel quite so much this way. But the hugs and the "I love you's" and the mommy don't leave moments make up for any frustrating moments.
We love you Jacob Asher!

No comments:
Post a Comment