Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Hailey's Birth

Oh man how difficult it is to keep up with a blog when you have a newborn and a 2 year old!  I’m going to do my best to catch up when I can.   Lets start with Hailey’s birth…

Hailey was born 4 days passed her due date! Needless to say, I was very anxious and ready to get the show on the road.  I went to my doctors appointment on Sunday hoping he would want me to induce or do SOMETHING to help the process along.  I finally convinced him to set up an induction date for Tuesday, Nov. 4.   We went into the hospital Tuesday morning just to be informed they had no beds for us.  FRUSTRATING! Lets just say its not good to frustrate a 9+month pregnant.  They told us to come back in the afternoon after check-out.  So back home we went to wait some more.  That afternoon we returned and were thankfully given a bed.   My doctor administered some internal medicine and literally that is the only thing they did that day!!  I thought Micah was going to go crazy.  My dr hoped that the simple medicine would give Hailey enough motivation to come on her own.  Nope. 



The next morning the dr stopped by and told me he suggested that we go home and wait for labor to start naturally.  NO thank you.  So he agreed to actually get my induction going by breaking the water and starting Pitocin a little later.  My Mom and Micah were able to be in the labor room with me until I got my epidural and then they kicked my Mom out for the rest of the delivery.   I was sad not to have her there like she was with Jacob but everything turned out ok.  

 After I received my epidural I suddenly started feeling sick to my stomach. By the time I could get the nurse to understand what I was saying  I was about to pass out.  Next thing I know there are nurses all around me and they are prepping me for a C-section.  They put oxygen on me and pretty soon I was back to normal and C-section was avoided.  After that little incident everything was smooth sailing. 

I’ll spare you all the details but at 4:26 pm our sweet baby girl was born!  She weighed in at 7lbs 4 oz and 21” long.  We were instantly in love. 












No comments:

Post a Comment