Sunday, July 6, 2014

Letter to Jacob

I'm writing this a little late but I hope to remember and capture all the wonderful things about Jacob being 2.  I know this is the "Terrible Twos" but so far I love this age!  Jacob is just such a fun kid to be around and he brings so much joy to our lives.  He loves to laugh, sing, be chased around the house, swim in the water, and just play.

All of a sudden he has started talking up a storm.  He will repeat almost anything he hears and will tell us what he wants or needs. It's amazing how much easier this has made life.  As a wonderful gift to me on his birthday when I told him goodnight he said "I love you" for the first time.  Talk about melt a Mama's heart.  If he wants a bite of our food he says "umm".   "Doby" for cup please.  He also says: more, night night, wa wa (water), nack (snack), no, yep, I love you, all fall down, eat, thank you, welcome, bye bye, mommy, daddy, granpa, granma, nana, papa, home, pool, bath, rock, slide, and much much more.

 Jacob loves to sing!  His favorites are "B-I-B-L-E", "Jesus Loves Me", "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", "If Your Happy and You Know It".   Most songs get a real big dramatic ending followed by clapping and "yea..yea, yea, yea!"  I just love to hear him sing.

One of Jacob's favorite games is to be chased around the house.  Sometimes we just chase him and hide to scare him which he LOVES.  The better the scare, the bigger the giggle.  Sometimes he likes to be chased around the house with Daddy riding his little yellow car.  He has so much energy and can enjoy being chased way longer than most adults want to do the chasing.  But the giggles are completely worth it.  If Dad isn't chasing him as much as he would like he goes up to Micah, leans forward and says "ME!".  It's Jacob's cute version of "come and get me".

Jacob is still a water baby.  He loves the beach, pool, bath time and his new water table.  We go to the pool and or beach at least twice a week and usually more.  He loves to jump off the side of the pool or run really fast into the ocean.  He understand the words "pool", "swim", and "water".   He points out water constantly.  In pictures, books, on tv, anywhere and everywhere he sees water.

All of Jacob's life has been spent living over-seas and away from family.  We keep in touch by talking on FaceTime.  Jacob is an expert at FaceTiming and can be a camera ham.  He has started actually kissing the iPad to give his grandparents kisses.  Jacob never acts shy around the grandparents and I think technology has really helped keep us close with family.

Jacob loves playing.  He has started saying "iPlay" when he wants to go play with his toys.  His absolute favorite toys are his cars.  He likes to line them up and gets mad if someone puts them out of order.  He also enjoys rolling them across the floor and playing with them on his car house and ramps.  We've recently started playing with play dough and he got a Mr. Potato Head for his birthday that he enjoys playing with too.  Jacob still loves to sit and read his books.  I'm amazed at how long he will sit in his chair in his room and flip through books pretending to read.  I hope this means one day he will love to read.

Jacob has a pretty good routine.  He wakes up every day around 8am and we eat breakfast.  Our mornings are usually spent active either out and about or playing at home.  We typically eat lunch between 11-12 and then play for another couple of hours before an afternoon nap.  For nap time we usually read a book and then sing a song or two.  Jacob usually takes a 2-3 hour nap until around 5pm.  We then have fun playing with Daddy and getting ready for dinner.  Our bedtime routine consists of reading a few books,  singing lots of songs, prayers and goodnight kisses.  He usually gets into bed with no argument and then talks and sings to himself in bed for another 30-40 minutes.  We love listening to Jacob talk on the monitor.

This boy brings so much joy, laughter, and fun to our lives.  We love every minute of every day we get to spend as Jacob's parents.  We love you Jacob!


















No comments:

Post a Comment