Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Jacob turns 2!

Even though Jacob doesn't really have many friends his age in Doha yet, I decided he had to have a 2nd birthday party.  Luckily we were able to have Grandma and Grandpa still here to celebrate with us too!  I decided to have his party on June 12 with a construction site theme.  Since I am not talented in the baking department, I made a dirt cake with some trucks on top.  I made a few signs with my silhouette machine and went and bought some balloons. 


I decided to have the party on a week night so that a weekend day wouldn't be taken up with the party and so that all our friends could come.  Since it was in the evening I decided to make spaghetti and serve dinner.  After dinner we sang "Happy Birthday".  Jake didn't know what to think at first but once he realized it was all about him, he loved it!  It took some effort to keep him from pulling the trucks off the cake.  We were able to get him to blow out his candles by telling him it was like "This Little Light of Mine".  So cute!  Then of course we opened presents. 





The main gift and attraction of the party was Jacob's new water table that he got from Grandma and Grandpa.  We decided to set it up inside so that the adults could still be inside and sit and watch comfortably.  Tilly and Jacob loved playing in the water!  




We had a fun party and are so grateful for our friends coming to celebrate Jacob!




On Jacob's actual birthday day the grandparents and I took Jacob to the Intercon hotel for a day at the beach and pool.  We spent the entire morning playing on the beach.  Then we had a birthday lunch at the pool restaurant and finished up our afternoon playing in the pool.  It was a great way to spend Jacob's 2nd birthday!






The evening of his actual birthday, Jacob was able to open a couple more presents that we had saved from his aunts and uncles.  Also, Micah and I had given Jacob his present a while earlier so that he could start using it ASAP.  We gave him a table and chair set that he loves!  I'd say this boy had a pretty fabulous 2nd birthday.  We love you Jacob Asher!










No comments:

Post a Comment