Thursday, May 1, 2014

Houston part 2

Jacob and I spent a little over two weeks traveling around north Texas and Oklahoma before heading back to Houston for the end of our time in the USA.  It's nice to have some down time with no long drives before having to get on the airplane.  We spent our time playing with Nana and Papa, relaxing, and getting my last minute shopping done.  Once again, I was pretty bad about taking pictures.

While we were back in Houston, I had my 30th birthday!   I threw around lots of ideas of what to do to celebrate but ended up with a low-key night out with my parents.  We found a babysitter for Jacob and went to Papa's seafood for dinner and then to a movie.  Being pregnant and without Micah made me more into the idea of the evening being more of a relaxing night- kid free.  The next day to celebrate as a family, Mom and I decided to take Jacob to the Houston Zoo.  Since it was Dad's Friday off, he was able to come too!

We left the house sorta early and headed off for the zoo.  This was Jacob's first trip to the zoo.  I knew he was probably still too young to really understand the zoo but I wanted to do it anyway.  One of the first things we did was feed the giraffes.  Jacob thought this was hysterical.  The giraffe would pull the lettuce out of Jacob's hand and he would just laugh and laugh!  I wish we could have fed him even more!


Jacob really wasn't that interested in looking at the animals.  Occasionally, I could get him excited about an animal for a couple of seconds and then he was done.  He mostly just wanted to run and play.




 The weather for our zoo day was perfect and I think we all just enjoyed being outside and enjoying each others company.




Our last couple of days in Houston, I realized how few pictures I had taken and decided to try to get some before we left.  Every night, Jacob like playing upstairs in my Dad's office/game room while we all just sat around and watched.  He had a big tunnel he loved to run around inside of and a table to sit at and play with his trucks.  Jacob also enjoyed his nightly bath time with Nana.




Our last day in the USA was a Sunday but since our flight left so late in the evening, we were able to go to church Sunday morning.  I attempted to get a picture before we left but it was hard to get all 3 of them looking and smiling in the same picture.

Jacob and I had a great time in the USA visiting family and friends but we were ready to get back home to be with Daddy again!  Thanks to everyone for entertaining us, giving us beds, and taking time out of your schedules to visit with us.  We miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment