Saturday, May 10, 2014

Back in Doha

Wow, since we have been back in Doha, life has been busy!  Of course it took us about a week to get over jet-lag and even want to leave the house but once we got out of that funk, life was rolling.  We have been busy with swimming, going to the beach, church, and hanging out with friends. Micah and I even had a date night!

Our main event has been swimming. Last summer I hated going to the pool with Jacob.  He wanted to be independent (as in Mommy don't touch me) but wasn't capable of keeping himself from drowning.  Overall, it just wasn't an easy time for Mom at the pool.  I still loved the beach because he could be on his own and he was happy.  This summer (yes, its already summer weather here), we decided to test out the pool again with a floaty body suit and an arm chest float over it.  It is awesome!  Jacob quickly learned how to float and kick his way around the pool without any help.  He loves the independence.






 Jacob and I have also spent some time at the hotel beaches in Doha.  The hotels here allow non-guests to use their facilities for a fee.  Also, because of where Dawn and Matt live, they get to use the St. Regis hotel and pool for free.  So Jacob and I have visited the St. Regis beach with Dawn and the Intercontinental beach.  We've had a blast at both.  Since salt water is buoyant, Jake only wears his arm floaties in the ocean.  This makes me happy because he gets to wear his cute swim suit!



One weekend we along with Matt and Dawn, we decide to head out of town to one of the beaches away from the city.  We decided to make a day trip of it and left early and stayed for lunch.  Dawn and I thought it would be fun to get one of the disposable grills and cook hot dogs for lunch.  For the most part, it was a good idea. But the wind made it a little difficult to keep the sand out of our food. Ohh well, it just added a little "flavor".
We had a great day soaking up the sun, playing with Jacob, and hanging out with friends.








No comments:

Post a Comment