Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Micah turns 30!!

I can't believe this is the year we both turn 30!  Micah acts like he doesn't are AT ALL.  However, I find that I kinda do.  Not sure why, but I guess it just seems like we are officially old.  Haha.  Anyway, for Micah's 30th we didn't have any huge plans but we did do our best to celebrate.

The Friday before his birthday, we had our new friends over for a Gumbo dinner.  It was really fun to feed people Gumbo who had never had it before.  Our friends Dawn and Matt are from the midwest and then our friends Ali and Mark are British.  Yes, we fed poor unsuspecting British people true Cajun food. They all claimed to really like it and even get seconds. We had a great time sitting out on our back patio chatting and getting to know each other better. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures.

The week leading up to Micah's birthday, after the Friday Gumbo, I fixed Micah several birthday dinners.  We had his Mom's chicken and rice, fried shrimp, and on the actual day we had chili and doughnuts.  I know, strange combination but give it a try sometime, it's actually good!

Micah is actually really hard to buy for since he either just buys what he wants or wants stuff way too expensive to just buy as a surprise type present.  This year for Christmas I gave Micah part of the Lego Christmas village.  But I learned later that I was missing the year before and it was now kinda hard to find.  So I found it and decided to get that for Micah's birthday. A "Happy Birthday" Christmas lego set.

The weekend after his birthday we went on a desert camping trip to the Inland Sea but that is another blog post for another time.

I'm so grateful for Micah and for getting to celebrate another birthday with him.  He is a wonderful husband and an even better Daddy!  Our 20's brought us college graduation, jobs, marriage, buying a house, selling that house, moving to the middle east, travel to lots of fabulous places, having our first baby, 6 years of marriage, moving to another middle east country, and more travel.  I can't wait to see what the next 30 years have in store for us!

Happy Birthday Micah!

No comments:

Post a Comment