The weather here has been perfect so we have spent lots of time together at various parks. This past Saturday we decided to go as a family to the Museum of Islamic Art Park. It was a fun morning playing together. However, it's amazing how hot the playground equipment already was and it is only early March!
I forgot to mention in Micah's birthday post that we decided to watch Star Wars together as a family. I use this pretty loosely since Jake watched the opening credits and then basically played around the living room while we watched. But Jacob was sporting his awesome Star Wars pjs.
Jacob and I have still been going to My Gym. This kid definitely knows what he wants and when he wants it. He is NOT a fan of being told what to do when which has made My Gym a challenging activity. I keep doing it because I know that these are skills he needs to learn even if it's tough on me. Plus, once he gets over having to wait his turn or sing in a circle he really does have fun!
Personally, I've been busy with Bible study, Mom's group, and hanging out with friends. I've decided to start doing things with the American Women's Association so Dawn and I decided to go to the tour of the Omani Souq. This is basically just a rougher, more true to form souq and not touristy area. They sold a RANDOM assortment of items from plants, to home items like brooms, to cheap furniture, to shisha. It was an area I have wanted to explore but was too nervous to do on my own. We had a fun morning and I hope to do more things with the AWA when I return.
Now it's time to finish packing for Jacob and I's trip to the USA tomorrow morning! Prayers appreciated for the 16 hour flight.
No comments:
Post a Comment