Friday, August 27, 2010

When it Cools Off......

So I have found that in the past 2 months I have developed a new motto: "when it cools off".  This pertains to many aspects of our life.  But before I get more into that let me give you some background information.  I grew up in humid south Louisiana, south Texas, and I spent several college summers in Oklahoma.  Hot was a normal aspect of my life.  However, NONE of those places are as hot or even as humid as it is here in Saudi.  Yes, it is a desert but we are on the coast and the humidity is some of the most I have ever experienced.  The other day here was the weather information:
CAUTION! 
 
We are currently showing LEVEL-4 conditions at the Operations buildings! 
 
PLEASE see Information below and PLEASE follow the guidelines and pay close attention to your signs and symptoms.
 
@ 11:00 AM
 
45.1C + 43.3% = 62.7C Index (144.86F)
 
So this means that the temp was 45.1 degrees Celcius which is 113.18 fahrenheit plus 43.3% humidity!

The second you walk out the door your sunglasses and camera lenses fog up, your entire body gets sticky wet, Gizmo's leash gets condensation, and sometimes my flip flops even become slippery.  Micah even spends almost his entire day working outside in this heat. Now I say all this just to get to my main point...my new motto.  Again, I find myself often saying the phrase "when it cools off..."  So here it goes:
 
When it Cools Off I(we) will...
-start running outside again
-walk Gizmo more often and for longer periods of time
-go to the beach more often (yes, even the ocean is hot)
-take walks at night with Micah
-explore the Souqs in Khobar more (open air markets)
-sit outside and read a book
-grill
-explore old Jubail 
-play tennis 
-go outside and take some more pictures (I need to do this now to practice)

Although I say this in a complaining mannor, I have adjusted well.  I still go out often, walk to other peoples homes, shop, and spend days by the pool.  However, when you think your hot in the States just think of me and Micah and it will make you feel better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment