Heres what I learned:
- Rock, paper, scissors can solve almost any argument
-If 2 kids are fighting over 1 thing, they both loose it
-I LOVE saying the most hated parent phrases such as "Because I said so". I also believe every kid needs to learn how to accept these phrases
-Never reject a hug from a kid (until they get older)
-If you want to know what kids think about you, teach Kindergarden! They say exactly what they are thinking no matter what
-the best laid plan can go very wrong- have back-up plans
-You have to teach kids how to win and how to lose and that it is a fact of life (most schools try to not teach this and I believe that is the worst idea possible)
-If you are having a bad hair day, kids will let you know
-Four women CAN work together in close quarters and get along (who knew?)
-When you start yelling, you've lost em', most kids start to tune out or know that they have won
-Never make a threat you can't keep
-Admit when you make a mistake. Kids need to SEE how that is done and learn by example
-Most of all: kids learn by watching and they are watching your every move. Live the way you want them to live and talk the way you want them to talk. If you want them to be respectful, show them respect.
Here is a picture of my wonderful team.

Some very wise words here... Some that I have learned and some I definitely still need to learn!!
ReplyDelete