Monday, May 10, 2010

NYC

This past week Micah had training for work in New Jersey.  Before his training Micah traveled to Washington D.C. to visit his friend from high school, Andrew.  Since he went without me, he has no pictures and nothing to write about it ;).   However, I flew in on Monday and met Micah at the hotel on Monday.   Tuesday we were able to go into "the city" to see a Yankees game.  This was Micah's anniversary present.  We had great seats and even had our own waiter to get our food and beverages.  



On Wednesday night the company Micah was training with brought us to Time Square to a great restaurant called "Carmine's"  we had all we could eat and drink.  We had a great time.  Thursday was Micah's last day of training and we were leaving New Jersey for NYC for the weekend.  I decided to head in early by myself to get some shopping time.  Navigating the trains with a huge suitcase by myself was an interesting experience.  Shopping was fun.  I actually felt lost in Macy's most of the time I was there.  I'm pretty positive I walked over 3 miles that day before Micah ever even made it into the city.  Our first hotel in Times Square was....interesting.  It was old, dated, and reminded me of a Europe hotel. Check out the wallpaper. 


Thursday night we met my family friend who lives in Manhattan for dinner. We were able to see a part of the city we may have never gone to without her.  We walked around some of the buildings of NYU.  It's so strange to have a college "campus" that is nothing like the traditional campus.  
Friday we spent almost the whole day in Central Park.  It was amazing to see such a beautiful park in such a huge city.  There were places in the park where you could completely forget you were in a city.  We did a lot of people watching and imagining what it would have been like to grow up in Manhattan.  We even stopped for a few minutes to watch a little league game.  They were not very good though. 

Friday night we went back to the hotel to get ready to go see Wicked on Broadway.  This was my anniversary present.  As we were about to walk out of the hotel I looked at the ticket and realized it said THURSDAY!  Yes, that's right, we had missed the play.  I had completely screwed up.  Besides just missing my anniversary present, I will admit my ego was hurt.  However, Micah being the great husband that he is got online and bought me tickets for the next day.  How amazing is he!  So our plans for Friday night had to change.  We decided to go to this hole in the wall pizza place we had heard about in Brooklyn under the Brooklyn bridge.  We rode the Subway to Brooklyn, ate some amazing pizza, and then walked back over the Brooklyn bridge.  It was so much fun!


Saturday we finally were able to see Wicked.  It was amazing of course.  After the play we just roamed around the city.  We sat in Bryant Park and had a few beers and a fun conversation with some old (my grandparents age) British folk.   It was so fun to just take in the city and watch the way people live there. 


We Love NYC!






No comments:

Post a Comment