This past weekend was our going away party. We had a huge crawfish boil at my parents house in North Houston thanks to my sister and her fiance. It's very nice having Cajuns in the family that are able to cook some amazing food. I need to start out by saying thank you to my parents for more things than I can count, Selena for the food, Micah's parents for the beverages, and Chad & Traci for brining all the tables, chairs and table cloths. On top of all that everyone helped so much with getting everything ready.
The weekend started on Friday with everyone (our family, micah's parents, Selena's family, and Chad's family) all staying at my parents house. It was a blast. We sat outside to the early hours sitting around the fire pit just talking. I love family time like that and know we will greatly miss it.
Saturday morning we started with the preparations. Instead of describing I will just post some pictures.
As the final touch my friend Lindsey once again made me an amazing cake. This time I "ordered" it from her. She does such an amazing job. The left side is a desert scene and the right is a crawfish pot with edible crawfish coming out.
Micah and Adam were in charge of the cooking. Micah cooked the Jambalya before the party and Adam cooked the crawfish before/during. We had a good time looking at all the live crawfish before they were cooked. My nephews had a great time picking them up by their antenna and I think Bailey may have even picked one up herself but I'm not sure about that.
We had a bunch of great friends show up and tons of family. It was a great party and we felt so blessed to have so many people join us at our party. Love you guys!




No comments:
Post a Comment