Well, Here I Go Again....not on my own. This time with 2 kids in tow and of course the hubs. Or maybe I should say HE has all of us in tow? Anyway, you have read that right, the Sperling's are once again making the trek across the pond to the land of sand for another new adventure. Honestly I didn't think this would be part of our story, at least at this point in time, but God has a way of keeping us on our toes. I have come to realize that blogging is kinda a part of my therapy. I'm guessing about 4 people read this but if it helps my mental sanity then so be it.
We found out late July that this move was a possibility. We of course had to discuss, think, and pray about whether it was the right decision for our family. Wow, that is so much harder when you are taking two littles instead of just Micah and I. But in the end we decided our answer was yes so then we got started.....waiting. And waiting, and waiting. But not really waiting because we were still having our home surveyed for packing and shipping, talking to the school in Doha, getting all the medical tests done, but there were certain things we had to wait on. And it took forever. Anyway, since this is now public that means we are no longer waiting. But it also means that Micah is already in Doha.
So, what has to be done when moving overseas? Um, everything. We have to sell cars, jet-skis, and our house. We (I) have to organize our stuff to decide what's being shipped sea, air, or going to storage. Oh, and we have to inventory our stuff, ALL OF IT. That means put a dollar value on everything you own.
There are of course many positives:
1. we know what we are getting ourselves into (which funnily is also a negative) .
2. I still remember how to get a lot of places. I'm sure some roads have changed but I don't feel like I'll be totally lost
3. We know we have a church
4. Our compound is very familiar to me. It's not where we lived before but we had friends who lived there.
5. Travel!!!!
6. I'm pretty excited to have my kids exposed to other cultures and people who don't necessarily look like them and to go to a school with over 70 nationalities represented.
7. Exploring Qatar, again. I could go on but 7 seems like the perfect number to stop on.
And there are many negatives...but who wants to hear about that?! Outside of the obvious: family, friends, football I'll say some of the more entertaining negatives I've thought of...
1. Not seeing clouds, like seriously almost never
2. People who don't know how to stand in a line, like seriously, why?
3. Traffic
4. My husband getting a text every time I take money out at the ATM
5. Jet lag....ohh how I don't want to have to deal with the kids and jet lag
6. Staring, all the staring
7. Sand storms
Again, the "perfect" number to end on. Well, that's all for tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment