Jacob and I landed in Houston March 11 and proceeded to spend a week and a half in Houston before making any trips north. When we arrived, my niece and nephew, Bailey and Coleton, were spending the end of their Spring Break time with my parents. It was fun to get to see them for a couple of days before they headed back to Dallas. They both grow so much between every visit. I was a little (or maybe a lot) jet-lagged during this time so sadly I didn't take any pictures.
On Sunday, we were able to pick up my niece Madasin to come spend some time at my parents with us. This was the first time we have been able to spend that much consolidated time with Maddi and it was fun to be just with her. Mom really wanted to do something fun with both Jake and Maddi so we decided to take them to the Houston Children's Museum. We attempted to stay together at the museum but the stuff that Jake was interested in was too little for Maddi so we ended up splitting up and then meeting back for lunch. It was a fun day and Jake was worn out from all the playing.
Since the Children's Museum is part of the way south to Clear Lake, I decided this would be a good day to go visit friends. Luckily it worked out for them too. Jacob and I were able to visit the Harris' for the afternoon before heading over to the Carpenter's for dinner. It had been a long time since I've seen the Harris' so it was really nice to catch up and hang out. Susie had just started back to work after her maternity leave so we decided it would be easier if I just picked up dinner and ate at their house. It was a nice, low-key evening full of catching up and holding babies! Once again, I only took a picture with Emerson but I did get to hold Easton too.
The rest of the week Jacob and I spent hanging out with my parents and getting ready to make our way north. Next up, girls weekend and visit with the Perry's.
The rest of the week Jacob and I spent hanging out with my parents and getting ready to make our way north. Next up, girls weekend and visit with the Perry's.
No comments:
Post a Comment