Micah and I also spent the first week of the New Year in Houston before heading back to Doha on January 10. It was a pretty great start to 2014. As a gift to Micah for Christmas, I had planned a night away while Nana and Papa kept Jacob. We had dinner at the Melting Pot and spent the night at the Westin Galleria. I picked the Galleria so that we would have time to do our last minute shopping and exchanging stuff before heading back to Doha. Also of course because it is close to the Melting Pot. We had a great time and I think it was Micah and I's first time away from Jacob for that long together.
We were also blessed to get to meet Susie & Darrell's new twin babies before we headed back. Easton wasn't in the room when we were visiting so we really only met Emerson but it was so great to get to congratulate them! They are the cutest little things.
After that we spent most of our time finishing up packing, eating at our last minute favorite restaurants, and enjoying our days with family. At last we were on the plane headed back to the land of sand.

No comments:
Post a Comment